Friday, April 26, 2013

Misty Workday

Newly organized Workroom!

Mr Bear prototype



Baby Bear with Bed and Blanket




Meet the Bears
I am working on a bear family this week. Papa Bear is very serious (like a lot of my forest critters) Lots to worry about in the forest.
 Berries to source out. Finding the perfect cave to sleep in. His work is never done.
 He will have a vest, of course.
 Maybe a wool felt embroidered in folkloric Black Forest designs. Sigh. Love that idea.

Always a balance between much enjoyed but time consuming embellishing (and higher end price) and keeping it simple to be able to offer a better price to my loyal customers.
Usually I just follow my creative instincts...making what my fingers and overactive creative brain seem to want to stitch.
It all works out.

Mrs Bear is coming.
She will definitely need a knitted shawl.
It is chilly deep in the magic woods. Alpaca most likely. Because I love the way the yarn feels slipping through the wooden needles.
Happy little family.
Resisting the urge to make tiny baskets to fill with acorns.
A backpack for Papa Bear to tote sticks for an evening fire. To roast fish.
Oh no...I just paused to write "tiny linen fishes for bear family" on a post-it.




Chard and Kale


Sawyer and Babette Blanket
So check out the matching colors  above.
Veggie patch and baby Sawyer Blue asleep under my version of the Babette Blanket.
Soft greens, plum, fuchsia, blueish mauves.
Such a sweet little nugget that baby is. 




A random bit of pretty from the corner of the field down the road.
Old metal culvert
Fenced meadow where  3 beautiful horses live
Wild verbena
Tree
Grass
Shadows.
This makes me deeply happy.
I do not know why we are having this misty drizzly cool day in late April. 
Global warming? Serendipity?
Usually by now I am bracing for the shift to Texas summer.
And I do mean bracing. 
Truly appreciated Mother Nature.



Irises!


 Finally, after years of waiting, I have iris flowers. Not just the lovely thick blue green leaves but actual deep purple flowers.
Do not know why I cannot grow these ....I am afraid to breathe on them for fear of destroying them...although they are supposedly hearty? Not under my care , apparently.

I love the old fashioned garden plants and shrubs.
viburnum 
Rose of Sharon
yarrow 
Queen Anne's lace
cow parsley
mouse ear chickweed ( I did not make this up!)

Just the names alone...like a roll call in fairy school.

 Seeing  old abandoned houses along the road with vestiges of these old plantings still blooming and growing is a treasure to me.
I imagine a grandma in  a work apron tending them lovingly.
She looks like me.
 Her irises bloomed!
She is smiling.


2 comments:

  1. Am I lucky or what? I get to spend every single day with this woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just came across your etsy shop, and your dolls are beautiful! especially love that little bear.

    ReplyDelete