Monday, May 14, 2012

May Gathering

Gatherings are very special in our family.

Family is me (the matriarch, a title I proudly accept), my husband , five daughters, one son, their partners, and five grandchildren. Various and sundry animals always, beloved friends occasionaly and gladly. 

Always lots of laughter, catching up, play, silliness, possibly tears ( scraped knees, cousin disputes, crazy laughing, and after any card given to me by my children)

This Sunday was about the mothers, 2 birthdays and a new family member.

I felt in touch with my beautiful mother, my daughters and grandchildren. I am reminded of the stretch of time and  the strong connections between these generations . How each of us, during our time and with as much grace as we can muster, create a life, make a home, and pass on the best of ourselves to the next generation. How we  consciously make the effort to stay connected to each other despite busy schedules. How we all truly believe that our strong family uplifts and enriches our lives every day.

We are a family of lots of mommas and daughters, so, for today I want to celebrate four generations  to include the birthday girl Chia and our newest family member Desi (son of Chia )

My mother Grace, 1957
Me....Kathryn
My daughter Chia

Our newest member Desi
 Beautiful family. Strong women. Gentle men. Good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment