Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Bringing Me Happiness Today







Super busy January this year. Births and flu and birthdays and orders to sew and then more flu. It flew by. So just a few very random and one very wondrous snippets:

*An entire January's worth of deeply tinted sunsets seen over the back field. Never fails to get me flying out of the house, scattering grazing deer families, setting the chickens aflutter and the dog barking.
 Because I slam the screen door. And possibly because I giddily exclaim the wonder of the sky out loud and frequently.
 Sam the dog is used to it. 
The children used to call this event (yelling about the sky and forcing them out back to enjoy it) momma's "hippie moment". Lots of eye rolling on their part and hopping up and down on mine.
Now they love sunsets. Apply same scenario to vegetables.

*Leaving the holiday fairy lights up on the mantle. To illuminate my ever changing forest animal tableau.I love that fir mantle. It is the first thing I see coming down the stairs.

*Seeing , in the morning light, my Grandmother Risolvato's little Mary planter, my favorite Buddha statue, a 1940's bitty gnome vase, and pleasing little collected and gifted bits of pottery. Nestled on a scrap of vintage barkcloth. Thrifted curtain. One of the first little bit of happiness I see each morning.

*Pom pom pom making. Next run of cashmere lambs and mice will need a pompom necklace. It has been decided.

*Biggest by far source of happiness...Sawyer Blue. Born at home 3 weeks early. Doing splendidly.
Truly and deeply loved by so many big folk.
 I held him against my chest for many hours one night so my daughter could sleep a bit.
 Quiet house. Softly breathing warm light as air bundle under a tangerine colored blanket.
I could feel his breath. Hear his newborn squeaks.
 Sitting in the darkness, gently patting. Looking into his face for hours in the predawn.
Lovely. Just deeply, joyously lovely.


1 comment:

  1. We are so blessed with the babies, are we not? And the big kids as well! Your post made me cry Momma, we are so lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete